So the #12BeersofXmas is over and what started off as one man’s challenge to take on 12 beers during the festive period turned into a gargantuan team effort of epic proportions. We lost people along the way, some stayed with us for the duration, but I raise a glass in a toast to you all – Cheers!
I was truly blown away by the response that this idea got and the way that you all got involved, and in an effort to recognize everyone’s efforts, I have summarised the roll of honour into four categories below.
1. The Bloggers – those who blogged along with the #12beersofxmas on their own sites – please check out their individual reviews by clicking on the links to their sites.
Daz Oakley – www.think-beer.com
Connor Murphy www.beerbattered.co.uk
Paddy McGrath www.allbeernobelly.com
Glenn Johnson www.beer-writings.blogspot.co.uk
Nate Southwood www.boozebeatsbites.com
Beers Manchester www.beersmanchester.wordpress.com
2. The Commentators – those who added detailed reviews each day on our website – you can view these comments on each day of the blog on our website.
3. The Twitterers – those who joined in by posting daily pictures and beers
4. The Legend – there is only one word for this man and that is Legend. Having decided to take an entirely different approach to the #12BeersofXmas, this trooper did all 12 beers on Christmas day…
Deeekos – take a bow!
But what about the beers? Well, based on nothing scientific at all, this is how I would rank my own personal #12BeersofXmas (click on each entry to read the full review).
1. Magic Rock Strongman
2. Firestone Walker Double DBA
3. Thornbridge / St Eriks Imperial Raspberry Stout
4. Magic Rock Bourbon Barrel Bearded Lady
5. Harviestoun Ola Dubh 18
6. Wild Beer Co / Good George / Burning Sky Shnoodlepip
7. Honest Brew Riwaka Hop Mule IPA
8. Truman’s London Keeper
9. Brewdog Mixtape 8
10. Hop Stuff Gunners Porter
11. Meantime / M&S Bourbon Barrel Aged Greenwich Ale
12. Ilkley Speyside Siberia
Feel free to add your own rankings below.
So that’s it for the #12BeersofXmas (2013). I’m now having a month off the booze and raising money for Cancer Research UK at the same time – please consider buying me a drink to help me reach my target (and to keep me dry) by clicking here.
Season 4 of the show starts on Friday 7 February 2014 and we have the Sheffield Crawl on Saturday 8 February 2014. In the meantime, you can read about my Dryathlon challenge in my ‘Dry Diary’ that will be appearing on the site soon.